Thursday, November 26, 2009

Obligatory "What I Am Thankful For" Post

I am thankful for C.C. DeVille
I am thankful for my best girlfriends--Debbi, Irene, and Liz.
I am thankful for my best friend, the other half of my brain--my brother
I am thankful for warm, windy, days and the fact we have them here even in November and
December when the rest of the country is enfolded in snow.
I am thankful for The Viper Room and all my dudes there--Miguel, Joseph, Dave, and now Skye!
I am thankful for Los Angeles and it's incredible music community. From what I have
experienced and hear, there is nothing like it anywhere else, and that is what will keep my feet
planted here for eternity.
I am thankful for beautiful hindsight.
I am thankful for second, third, and fourth chances.
I am thankful for my cat.
I am thankful for Forever 21.
I am thankful for glitter, rhinestones, sequins, and sparkles.
I am thankful for blue skies and cottony-looking clouds.
I am thankful for words and the powers they contain.
I am thankful for my community of friends, and people I work with and their talent.
I am thankful that I found one form of art I am actually really good at.
I am thankful for my new puppies.
I am thankful for learning this year that I can love someone.
I am thankful for learning this year that I actually hurt a lot of people, not the other way around.
I am thankful for finally finding the guts to get one of my best friends and the person I love back
in my life.
I am thankful for Semi Precious Weapons, The Ringers, Red Cortez, and the other bands that
have made this year extra amazing.
I am thankful that finally Prima Donna is getting some of the attention they deserve, even
though I can't be there for them how I want to be, and tell them how proud I am.
I am thankful for roadtrips.
I am thankful for the price of cookies in Utah.
I am thankful for KaiKhaod, aka Kailyns Kreations and her makeup prowess on youtube.
I am thankful for Cole Whittle and his mission to make me not shy. It worked. Somehow, it
worked.
I am thankful that even though I've lost a lot of weight this year, my boobs have gotten bigger.
Who needs a boob job?
I am thankful for finally rectifying my fuckups and being big enough to apologize to my friends
and former friends I've abandoned.
I am thankful for KTP. As much as I miss him, every day.
I am thankful for gaining the knowledge that Boise, Idaho fucking sucks.
I am thankful for leggings.
I am thankful for the confidence I have gained.
I am thankful for weeding out the assholes.
I am thankful for hoodies.
I am thankful for 5 to 6 inch stilettos.
I am thankful for finally finding out what I want to do with my life. Now to get the courage to
just fucking do it...
I am thankful for the new music I fell in love with this year: Red Cortez, Robert Francis,
Ladyhawke, etc etc.
I am thankful for Jakob Dylan and the fact he never ceases to amaze and inspire me.
I am thankful for cars.
I am thankful for Orange County. There is no place like home.
I am thankful for our beautiful beaches, especially late at night when not another soul is around.
I am thankful for electricity.
I am thankful for hair bleach.
I am thankful for tattoo ink.
I am thankful for TOFU!!!
I am thankful for everywhere I have been able to go this year. And it's not over yet!
I am thankful for how much I have changed this year.
I am thankful for Fergie dying her hair darker so I can tell her and Bret Michaels apart.
I am thankful for duct tape.
I am thankful for pleather, black lace, and vinyl.
I am thankful for the never-ended stream of art put into this world by us all. Just got to weed
out all the shit, the quality is there!
I am thankful for Maja Ivarsson.
I am thankful for missing him, because it taught me I could.
I am thankful for anyone who will help me destroy VD...HA!
I am thankful for this blog...even if no one reads it.
I am thankful for coffee.
I am thankful for shows, shows, shows.
I am thankful for Michael Ian Black.
I am thankful for Latin.
I am thankful for extensive and growing vocabularies.
I am thankful for educated people that can hold a conversation--they are rather rare.
I am thankful for red lipstick.
I am thankful for a lot of things I have forgotten in this stream of consciousness.
I am thankful for you, if you're reading this.