Thursday, January 14, 2010

Absentee Me

(started mid 2009--finished 2010)

Absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder
It makes it walk, it makes it wander
The further away you get the more I start to regret
The longer the distance between us
The more I'm thinking "Jesus, what am I doing?"
And we begin un-gluing

The more apart we are the more of your faults I see
And even tolerating you seems like insanity
Get us together and I can't stand the thought of distance
Apart from you I start loving my resistance
The more and more you slip from my head
The more pleasantly surprised I am to find I'm not better off dead

Absence doesn't get you anywhere with me
Just lots of time to realize you were the cause of my ennui
Your silence only breeds my contempt
Thanks for disappearing ; it seems so heaven-sent
For an innumerable amount of days you've been out of sight
Now finally you're out of mind.